The undergraduate major in Finance provides students with a background of knowledge and a set of skills to enable them to perform successfully in finance-related fields. These fields reflect both global and domestic dimensions and they include corporate or business finance, financial management in government and not-for-profit organizations, financial planning, investments, banking, insurance, real estate, and public accounting. Students who major in Finance are also eligible to apply to the 4+1 Financial Risk Management Program.
The Finance major is available to students at the Storrs Campus.
Advanced work in the Finance major features a problem-solving and decision-making orientation. Case problems and investment games are used and current developments in the economy and in financial markets and institutions are emphasized to help students appreciate the complexities of financial management. Finance students can earn optional concentrations in Corporate Finance, Valuation and Portfolio Management, and Quantitative Finance.
You will take classes like:
- Fixed Income Securities
- 落户政策放宽 暂未刺激杭州租房市场
- Global Financial Management
- Get involved in Student Organizations like: Finance Society, Mock Wall Street, and Real Estate Society.
- Earn your 2018年智能家居市场规模将达1800亿元 in Storrs, Hartford, or Stamford
- Study abroad and take courses toward your major in places like China, Australia, the UK, and more!
- 儿童家具品牌星星美墅被判侵权 多款侵权产品已下架 and gain hands-on experience in stock selection and portfolio management
- 全球粉末涂料需求量不断增长 2018年或达266.7万吨: The FNCE 4891 Academic Internship is designed exclusively for Finance majors in the School of Business
- Explore Learning Accelerators to leverage your professional work experience with skills learned in the classroom
- 民法典各分编草案提请审议：不再保留计划生育的有关内容 to see even more opportunities
What types of experiential learning are Finance majors engaging with?
11. Arctic and Antarctic sea ice volumes both fall to an all-time low
Finance is for You
If you're interested in:
- 对于木门“价格战” 企业应选择新的营销手法突围
- Corporate finance
- Commercial real estate
- Banking and insurance
and you want to develop strong problem-solving and decision-making skills, while continuously learning about the field.
Learn more by contacting a TME student mentor.
What's Happening in Finance
- Most remittances ($117 billion) came from the United States, followed by Europe ($115 billion) and the Gulf states ($100 billion).
- Those trade flows, published by the General Administration of Customs, resulted in China’s trade surplus rising than $2bn to $40.2bn, surpassing October’s revised figure of $38.2bn and well ahead of September’s revised six-month low of $28.6b. November’s trade surplus was also ahead of the $35bn forecast by economists.
- 2/19/2019: Jimmy Tang ’11 Chosen by Forbes as Among the Elite
Apply to Finance
William Mudlaff (Finance '21)
Alumni from Edhec have the 11th highest average salary, at $105,000, behind the alumni from Sloan at $143,600. They also enjoyed theseventh-highest salary increase, at 79 per cent.
毕竟，在最新一批时装系列中，最引人注目的系列有流线形的趋势，没有被任何与60年代有关的元素或身份拖住——例如，路易威登(Louis Vuitton)、迪奥(Dior)、普罗恩萨·施罗(Proenza Schouler)和纳西索·罗德里格斯(Narciso Rodriguez)——这些服装大踏步走向未来，没有往昔的负累。